while I await my password...

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Tue Mar 11 14:08:47 EDT 2008

While I wait for my bug reporting password (are those created
manually?), I'll list some of the things that seem odd to me, to give
you a sense of what I mean, and for you to say if it's normal
oddities:

Place some little arrows, and resize them (you probably don't have a
good reason to do that, but do it anyway). As you resize them they
will change between arrows, a horizontal scroller, and a vertical
scroller, depending on the width and height you make it. For example,
something roughly square will be the arrows, something a bit narrower
will be a vertical scroller. The inspector continues to report that
it's little arrows, unless you deselect and reselect them, then it
changes to the type it looks like. The final application shows the
type it ended up like on Mac, but shows resized little arrows on
Windows.

If you make a scroller by starting with little arrows and glitching
it as above to become a scroller, or if you intentionally select it
to be a scroller in the inspector, the final scroller does not scale
correctly when you drag the thumb. If the mouse is over the thumb at
the top of the channel, by the time you've dragged to the bottom of
the channel the thumb is nowhere near the mouse position.

With little arrows (just drag them out to make them, and don't mess
with the size), the bottom arrow is deemed to be under the mouse
right up to over half way up the upper arrow. The upper arrow is only
active in the top half of the arrow.

Drag out a QuickTime object and connect it to a movie. Resize the
object, do a save of the stack, close it, and open it again. The
object is also back at the natural size of the QuickTime movie, and
not at the size you made it.

Default buttons don't behave like OS X default buttons. They
constantly pulse. What is supposed to happen is that when you click
on them they stop pulsing in the brighter state, and if you roll off
them they become empty, like a non-default button. In  Rev they just
continue to pulse.

So, are some of these things that shouldn't be the way they are?