my cursor shows as all black

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 5 21:21:02 EST 2008

mfstuart wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> I don't have PhotoShop (as Steve mentions to use), I have Axialis'
> IconWorkshop.
> I downloaded there Cursor Workshop 4.5, but the only Save As file type is
> *.cur.
> So I'm trying all different ways to save the image file in IconWorkshop, but
> still the black image result.
> When I save as .png, and use it in RunRev, it crashes.
>
> Anyone using Axialis' IconWorkshop and able to get the correct results for
> cursors?

I don't think you can use that software. You need an image editor that
will allow you to assign the correct number of colors, and set the order
of the color lookup table. Your image must have only three colors in it,
and the order in which they appear in the color lookup table is
important. The three colors must be black, white, and any other color,
the third of which you assign as the transparent color.

I had to make a number of cursors for Cosmic Osmo and I used Graphic
Converter (Mac OS X) to do it. GC allows you to assign the order of the
colors in the color palette. Unfortunately I can't offhand recall which
color has to be first, second, and third, but I vaguely recall the
transparent color has to be third. Whether the first is black or white
is what I've since forgotten, so you'd need to experiment.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com