Another Revolution?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jan 18 14:10:20 EST 2008

Richard-

Don't bother looking too closely at what's behind the scenes. There's a lot
going on there, but it's deep at the server end for some obvious reasons.
What Tilestack has put together is pretty impressive - they've got a
HyperCard-to-java-bytecode compiler so that they can take HC stacks intact,
compile them to java apps, and host them on their server. They're generating
quite a bit of interest at their little booth stuck behind the Apple
display. And they're committed to the idea that creating and publishing
stack creations should be free, although they're still working on what their
long-range business plan is. I'm talking with them about extending the HC
model, but obviously some of the rev extensions aren't going to fit into the
java server world (file I/O at stuff like that). But if this works out it
could provide a workaround for the single-threading cgi engine issue that
blocks publishing stacks to the web.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net