Delete lines in files (text files)

Till Bandi tbandi at swissonline.ch
Fri Jan 18 01:22:00 EST 2008

I guess that would be a good solution - my only problem is that the
file has 5.6 Gigabytes. So I can't put it all in memory.

My real problem is here:

     put 1 into vStartwert
     set the cursor to watch
     open file tFileIn
     open file tFileOut

     repeat forever
         read from file tFileIn at vStartwert for 1000000 lines
         put it into vChunk
         replace ";" with tab in vChunk
         replace "," with "." in vChunk
         write vChunk to  file vFileOut at end
         add number of chars of vChunk to vStartwert
     end repeat
     close file tFileIn
     close file tFileOut

This works until the output file reaches 2 Gigabytes. So I think
vStartwert is getting to big and doesn't work anymore. Therefore I
wanted to delete
the Lines I already treated in the input file so I could always start
at the first line.

Maybe there is a better solution?

Till