Vista problem with Capture

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Sep 18 17:17:41 EDT 2007

I'm using  Rev 2.8.1 and trying to capture the screen, and I keep
getting a black rectangle. I've had many users of ButtonGadget report
the same thing-- but funny thing is I can't get it to reproduce on my
Vista machine at home.

It appears it's some sort of Home vs Business graphics setting. If I
go to the compatibility tab of the Business (more advanced graphics)
machine for ButtonGadget2, and check "Disable desktop composition",
things seem to work, but there is a 'flash' when BG2 starts.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there any sort of fix? This
seems to be a deal killer for any apps which want to run on Vista and
do any sort of screen capture.

-Chipp