Data synchronization

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Mon Sep 3 03:40:56 EDT 2007

Hi Ruslan

In relation to your question, I am interested in .. b) off-line client
to Vserver synch.

But..

I have a simple & probably very common scenario.

Small group of multiple users, most users have local network access and
other users on the road with laptops.

Laptops are equipped with wireless broadband but will be required to do
offline changes. Changes are synced when network is available.

Some of these changes involve structural as well as simple data changes.
I know that is asking a lot but I am flexible to the types of offline
changes to be allowed. Possibly limiting or removing ability to do
structural changes. I am experimenting with different table structures
to allow flexibility.

Current single user application is written in Rev & uses sqlite but have
been planning to switch to valentina. Now seriously planning
implementation of multi-user requirements.

I do have Valentina's Rev ADK but not Vserver.

Maybe embedded Vserver is an option but your wiki is low on details on
what is involved to integrate into main rev application.

I prefer a customised HTTP server approach in which the main server
pushes and pulls information from connected client apps. This also
allows possibility of using third-party access in the future. eg.
limited web-browser access.

Looking forward to playing with 3.3 but will prefer to wait till final
version is available.

regards
alex