Data synchronization

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 3 02:35:30 EDT 2007

On 3/9/07 7:35 AM, "Alex Shaw" <alex at harryscollar.com> wrote:

Hi Alex,

> Been researching various data synchronization techniques.. and these are
> the ones I've found most interesting:
>
> 1. Google's Map/Reduce (not really data synchronization but still
> interesting)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MapReduce
>
> 2. SyncML Protocol
> http://www.openmobilealliance.org/release_program/ds_v12.html
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SyncML
>
> 3. CouchDB
> http://couchdb.org
> http://blog.leetsoft.com/2007/9/2/futuretalk-couchdb
>
> A slashdot article
> (http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/07/08/27/2359245.shtml) even
> suggests rsync.
>
> A process I'm working on involves 3 simple steps:
> 1. Laptop <- Pull changes since last connection.
> 2. Merge local changes.
> 3. Laptop -> Push changes back to central server.
>
> I'm leaning towards a CouchDB approach but using a modified version of
> Andre's RevOnRockets server using Valentina (mainly for the encyption
> but may use sqlite and a VPN like hamachi) and a XML protocol (instead
> of JSON).
>
> Has anyone had any experience with this subject and has some useful
> suggestions?

If you are not in rush, you can get this info.

In nearest hours, we going to ship Valentina 3.3 release,
And we will start work on 3.4 build.

For this build we going to add at least basic features of replication, what
includes two aspects In fact:
    a) Vserver to Vserver replication
    b) off-line client to Vserver synch.

What is your task you need to solve?