font is installed but not listed in Rev

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 02:51:43 EST 2007

This happens in my two installations of Debian - both on Etch and on Lenny.
It does not happen on a couple of Mandrivas, where all fonts installed are
accessible.  It still happens on the 2.9 beta.  Its the only application I'm
aware of that doesn't see all installed fonts on Debian.

Very glad to find someone has the same problem on a different OS, as it may
help get to the bottom of it.  What fonts are available to you?  On Debian,
the 2.9 beta, the ones available (using fontNames in message box) are:

courier 10
bitstream charter
terminal
charter
lucidatypewriter
lucidabright
lucida
times
new century schoolbook
helvetica
courier
clean
fixed

I think this is one or two more than were available in 2.8 - can check if
anyone is curious.  Is this the same or different for you?

The other thing is that not all fonts are available in all sizes, and if you
try to invoke the wrong size it reverts to 10pt.  Is this a problem for you
also?

For instance, for clean, if you pick 48pt, I get what looks like 10.

Peter