Error in docs about "file creation date"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat May 19 12:49:02 EDT 2007

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
<snip>

> with item 5 of the detailed files
>
> image M: "May 19", and for image O: "March 4".

This is correct, yes?

> With item 4 of the detailed files I get "March 15" for both images,
> which is apparently the date I transferred the images from my camera to
> the computer, a value not contained in the EXIF data.

I see that on my Mac sometimes too. It seems to happen when copying a
file between volumes (like when you transfered the file from the USB stick.)

> On my Mac:  The photo information in "iTunes" reads
>
> for image M: "created" ("aufgenommen" in German): March 4
>                   "digitalized": March 4
>                   "modified"  : March 4
>                   "imported" : May 19
>
> for image O: "created"    :March 4
>                   "digitalized": March 4
>                   "modified"  : March 4
>                   "imported" : May 19
>
> Now the corresponding image information in  the "thumbs" stack on the
> Powerbook:
>
> With item 5 of the detailed files I get "May 19" for image M and "March
> 4" for image O.

This also looks right to me. Item 5 is the modification date.

> With item 4 of the detailed files I get "Jan 18, 2038" for both
> images!(?); maybe this is an effect of the USB stick? (The date
> information in the systems folder shows correctly the date of today "May
> 19".)
>

> Here is the script snippet I use to append the creation date to the
> image name field under the thumb:
>     "put item 5 of line i of tdetfiles into Datum
>    convert Datum from dateitems to long date
>    put Tab&item 2 to 3 of Datum after fld Feld"

Shouldn't line 2 be "convert Datum from seconds to long date"? Does it
work if you change that line?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com