Build for Classic

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Sat May 19 19:26:20 EDT 2007

From: "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com>

> Excellent points Paul. I hadn't thought of it that way, but of course
> you're right. If you're not interested in upgrading hardware, why
> would you upgrade software?

Indeed!  It also applies to Windows.  In years past I used to survey my
customers (who bought online) and of course read the server logs.  Most new
customers came from OS versions current to one or two before.  According to
developers of my acquaintance this has not changed with most clients buying
(and we're talking 99% here) using currently XP and Win 2K (Vista is
increasing but is still a small margin).  While the logs show Win 9x users
visiting they are not buying.

Scott Kane
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start
today and make a new ending." -- Maria Robinson