Build for Classic

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Sun May 20 04:52:16 EDT 2007

On 19 May 2007, at 23:57, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> Let me just remind that what started this thread was an innocent
> inquiry whether we can expect 2.8.1 for OS9 since 2.7 was
> "promised" but never materialized. This is along the same lines as
> the other thread discussing RR starting public beta for 2.7.5 but
> releasing 2.8 and 2.8.1 instead.

It's worth bringing up the change in naming again:

'- Revolution 2.7.5 has been renamed to Revolution 2.9. Everything
we've talked about in the past pertaining to 2.7.5 remains unchanged,
except the version number will be "2.9."'

The 2.7 cycle as-was *is still in progress*, so there's no way of
saying that things haven't materialised yet. 2.8 and 2.8.1 are
intermediate releases, not 'instead'. This name change by Rev seems
to have caused more perception problems than anything else they've
done recently...

Maybe someone from RR could publicly state this again, and let us
know what the status is for an updated Classic engine?

Ian