Partition benefits . . .

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Tue May 8 09:44:54 EDT 2007

Stephen,

Based on my 22 years experience with Macs, some bad, mostly very
good, I agree with you that the preference for external (or now a
days, perhaps, - interior) "real" drives is by far the better choice;
particularly with their very low cost, remembering $800 one and two
MB hard drives in the 80s. Though much slower, at this time, I look
forward to the day when we have "huge" DVD-type memory mechanisms
where there are no whirling disks that can "crash" and "burn" with
our data. Even now, it would be smart of us to burn more CDs with our
data instead of trusting these behemoth drives to continue to
function reliably. Tape was good, but not very convenient, being
totally linear.

Joe Wilkins