Moving Checkbox

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Mar 19 12:32:49 EDT 2007

Hi Charles,

> I have tried to move a button based on the properties of two
> buttons but this does not work. Here is the script:
>
> on preopenCard
>   if the label of button "check3" is not visible and the label of
> button "check6" is visible
>   then
>     set the location of button "check6" to the location of this card
>   end if
> end preopenCard
>
> If I just type set the location of button "check6" to the location
> of this card in the message box, it works. But with the if
> statement the above does not work.
> Any suggestions?

What exactly do you mean?

"the label of btn xyz" is a string that is displayed instead of the
button's name
and does not have a property "visible" per se!

Showing/hiding a LABEL (the name) only works by setting the "showname
of btn xyz" to true or false.
Maybe this is what you are after?

   if the showname of button "check3" = false and the showname of
button "check6" = true then
      set the location of button "check6" to the location of this card
   end if

> Charles Szasz
> cszasz at mac.com

Regards