implicitVars [Was: Re: Best Practices in Rev development]

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri Jul 6 13:30:04 EDT 2007

On Jun 29, 2007, at 3:31 AM, Dave wrote:

> When I edit code (whatever the language) I type the name of the
> variable once and once only and maybe I don't type the whole thing
> at all. I then use copy/paste to paste the variable into where it
> is being used.

Oops, I just saw this...

Copy/Paste works well, but the sequence:

  - mouse move to highlight the word (lose your insertion point in
the line you're working on)
  - copy (two keystrokes)
  - move mouse back to line
  - paste (two keystrokes)

is not as fast as ScriptPaint:

  - mouse hover over word to copy (cursor stays in place)
  - Cntrl Space (two keystrokes)

but copy/paste is faster to copy a long line.