PDF files handling

Bryan McCormick bryan at deepfoo.com
Wed Jul 4 18:39:01 EDT 2007

Folks,

This may have been answered long ago. Maybe not. What I have is a
collection now approaching thousands of academic papers. I would like to
be able to read the titles of these papers (usually nicely isolated on
page 1) into rev and associate the title with the file name. In other
words, build a simple topic to file index. I have no idea how to even
start this in Rev. Or even if it is all that good an idea.

Why do I want to do this?

First, so that the papers can be more easily cataloged.

Second, once cataloged, I want to be able to do my own annotations and
what not. The plan actually is to generate a catalog page in HTML so
that people in the office can browse the papers more easily on the
server share.

Oh, and I would prefer not to have to run another server process to
index them, etc.

Can Rev do such a thing (easily) or am I destined to pick up the light
version of Google's indexing server?