PDF files handling

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 13:27:02 EDT 2007

On 7/7/07, Andre Garzia <andre at andregarzia.com> wrote:

> I've met one of Devon Tech developers in Malta :-) Small world ain't it, a
> Brazilian and he is from Bulgary, met in Malta in the house of Sims and
> Cloe.

Sounds more like the start of a very bad joke;-))))

My needs are simple.

As are mine.

If you're not selecting multi colum text, applescript + preview works fine.
> Be aware that the trouble you quote about Revolution clipboard text will
> not
> affect applescript workflows like this.

Hmmm, not in my experience, and I posted a reproducible recipe to bugzilla.
I had Rev call and AppleScript/Automator app (tired both) that would ask you
for the folder containing the file (pdf) you wanted to work on, AS would
then open the file using TextEdit/BBEdit (tried both) and convert the file
to plain text, AS would then 'select all' and place the data on the
clipboard, but Rev could not access it via script. The data was there
because if you selected a field and then went to the menu and selected
Paste, the data would appear in the field - I can't remember if keyboard
shortcuts worked in this instance.

Possible the missing key here is that I understand you physically select the
data concerned whilst I did everything in script.

I don't have much experience with pdf2html programs, I know they exist thats
> why I told Bryan to investigate, but so far, I managed to solve my
> troubles
> using the raw indesign source files.

OK, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something already in OSX that I
hadn't tried:-)

Thanks for the quick response,