XML Headaches

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Mon Jul 9 08:08:04 EDT 2007

Hi David,

yes,

the text is UTF-8 encoded. It appears to be a BOM issue. I received
the following tip that appears to do the job:

Instead of unidecode(uniencode(myXML,"UTF8"),"ANSII") for the whole
XML data I have the following script now:

-- Remove byte order mark from UTF8 text
   if charToNum(char 1 of tVar) is 239 then
     if charToNum(char 2 of tVar) is 187 then
       if charToNum(char 3 of tVar) is 191 then
         delete char 1 to 3 of tVar
       end if
     end if
   end if

   put revCreateXMLTree(myXML, false, true, false) into tTree

and then decode the stuff for display after getting the node
contents. Seems to work until now. And thinking about it seems
logical too. I´ll keep you posted if I find anything else.

Thanks for your time,

Malte