chris bohnert chris at altuit.com
Wed Sep 20 11:31:47 EDT 2006

Derek,

More than likely you're looking for a kernel hook.  This gives you the
ability to tell a kernel module your application wants to receive
notification about certain kernel api events.  Microsoft produces a special
sdk for developing these called the "Driver Developement Kit" or windows
DDK.

Its part of an MSDN subscription or available at:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/ddk/default.mspx

--
cb