Button Icons wont show up when powered by my standalone

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Sep 20 13:16:46 EDT 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 8:10 PM, Phil Davis wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Try this:
> In the 'Development' menu of the Rev IDE, select 'Image Library'.
> In the window that opens, find your icon and make a copy of it
> somewhere in your standalone stack, noting the image ID of the
> copy. Then use the ID of the copy as the icon of your button.
> Should work even after you make the stack into a standalone.
>
> Or did I miss something? Do you already have a copy of the image in
> your stack?
>
> HTH -
> Phil Davis
>

> Dave Herndon wrote:
>> Hi Little help here.  I am developing a fire department
>> application in rev
>> 2.7.3.  I realy liked the haz mat barrel button icon in the
>> metacard icons
>> listed.  When I build my standalone in windows the icons show up
>> black when I
>> open the file with my standalone.  I have been racking my brains
>> trying to
>> figure out where in the standalone settings I can make sure that
>> resource
>> gets added to the standalone.  Little help ? Dave

I asked this question before, but never got a response. I thought
there used to be a way in the Standalone builder settings to include
the standard and metacard image libraries in the standalone.
Regardless of whether that's true or if I just dreamed it, it seems
like there ought to be a way to do so. If one makes heavy use of
these image libraries for button icons, shouldn't there be a way to
automatically include them in the standalone? There are no obvious
clues to the new developer that the nifty icons you used in the IDE
are going to mysteriously disappear when you build the standalone.
Dave's question is a witness to that, and I've been bitten by it
myself a couple of times.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University