MIDI - more Rev resources

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Tue Sep 19 13:05:20 EDT 2006

Luis, I think Jaque meant the standard midi file format, which
Quicktime, and therefore the Rev Player Object can read.

If what you want to do is to create midi data on the fly and send it
to midi devices (rev player, soft-synth, hardware, whatever), I don't
think we can currently do that in Rev, as I understand (or
misunderstand - I am not any kind of authority) that Rev does not
currently support writing to USB very well, and we can't access OS
level APIs without externals.

I'd love to be able to write some synth editors in Rev, a task for
which I think Rev would be perfect apart from this.

Best,

Mark