PHP and Rev CGI

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Tue Oct 24 01:45:20 EDT 2006

Jacque,

A couple of quick thoughts:

1) PHP has a few commands - exec(), system() and passthru() which do
similar things in terms of calling an external program. Documentation
on php.net is quite good - just browse there and type in the command
name in the search box.

2) If the Rev process is long-running (aka "background process"), you
can communicate via sockets. Pierre has previously posted some
scripts for this which work well.

Hope that gives you a jump start!