Getting the stack name

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri May 12 14:41:39 EDT 2006

We know that stackfile names (the .rev file name) and stack names are
not always the same. Given the stackfile name, and after opening the
stackfile with a go stack command, is there a reliable way to get the
short name of the main stack? Is the name of a newly opened stack
ALWAYS on the first line of the result of the openstacks function?

What I really want is 'get the short name of the mainstack of
stackfile "/my/stack/path/stack.rev"'.

Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University