Read text file, Excel style

Mark Stuart mfstuart at cox.net
Sun May 14 19:36:33 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a columnar formatted text file that I'd like to "import" into a SQL
database, using RunRev on WinXP.

I'd like the RunRev program to have features similar to Excel's Text Import
Wizard:

-          Open file dialog

-          raw display of first 100 or so lines of chosen text file

-          allow user to define the column breaks

-          based on users column breaks, read text file and put into a table
field for final approval to import into database

-          read into SQL table

Again, features similar to Excel's Text Import Wizard.

Especially the part where the user defines the distinction of column
placements - Excel's "set field widths (column breaks)"

I've managed to develop the first two steps in the wizard, but I need help
with the third and fourth steps.

That is, how to handle the placement and movement of the vertical line for
column breaks.

TIA,

Mark