How To Ensure Only Plain Text Editing Is Allowed In Field

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Fri May 12 13:20:18 EDT 2006

Hi Ivan and Bill,

I wasn't going to say anything, but it looks like this thread is closing
and no one else brought it up, so...

I believe this handler of Bill's:

-- prevent styled text
on exitField
    set the htmlText of me to me
end exitField

... should be:

-- prevent styled text
on closeField
    set the htmlText of me to me
end closeField

The 'exitField' message is sent when the cursor leaves the field and no
changes were made. If the field contents HAVE been changed, 'closeField'
is sent instead.

Now the script won't give you any unwanted surprises!

Thanks.

Phil Davis