Problems with revcopyfile

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Mar 30 18:46:19 EST 2006

Jonathan Kotthoff wrote:
> Jan,
>
> I think I am providing the full source path in the target, what about
> the source? And then why does this work correctly on Windows?

I'm not sure why it works on Windows either, because it looks to me like
you are specifying a file path rather than a folder location for the
place to copy the file to. I think the script should be using "answer
folder" rather than "ask file", right?

> on mouseUp
>    -- bring up a standard system "save as" file
> selector
>
>    ask file "Save file as:"
> -- if the user cancels, exit without saving
>    if it is empty then exit mouseUp
>    -- put it into filePath
>    put it into filePath
> -- Copy file
>   revCopyFile "/Content/rubyonrails.pdf",filePath
> end mouseUp

If you want to put content into a new file with a pre-determined file
name and path, then use the "url" keyword to put data into a url on
disk, or else use the "open file", "write to file" and "close file"
commands to create a new file with data in it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com