(no subject)

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Thu Mar 30 19:20:47 EST 2006

Hi Ken...

Actually, dividing the number of nodes by ten gave me the number of attributes(I had ten nodes under each attribute). I was using this to determine which attribute to "navigate" to once the user selects "Next."  (At this point in my learning I was not familiar with revXMLNextSibling and revXMLPreviousSibling :-)

Then I added the deleteXMNode and my navigation strategy was all for not. Then... I learned how to use the revXMLNextSibling  and revXMLPreviousSibling and everythings great!

If it would help anyone here are scripts I'm using now to navigate through XML info:

//Moving to Previous data - just substitute revXMLNextSibling to move forward.

on mouseUp
  put cd fld "XMLID" into tTargetTree
  put cd fld "URL_ID" into tTargetAttribute

   put revXMLPreviousSibling(tTargetTree,tTargetAttribute) into targetNode
   if the result is empty then
     exit mouseUp
     else

 put targetNode into cd fld "Url_ID"

 put revXMLChildContents(tTargetTree,TargetNode,tab&"*",cr,true,-1) into theData

  put the itemdel into OrigItemDel
  set the itemDel to "*"
  put item 2 of line 1 of theData into cd fld "subject"
  put item 2 of line 2 of theData into cd fld "Key_Words"
  put item 2 of line 3 of theData into cd fld "Grade"
  put item 2 of line 4 of theData into cd fld "standard"
  put item 2 of line 5 of theData into cd fld "Title"
  put item 2 of line 6 of theData into cd fld "Description"
  put item 2 of line 7 of theData into cd fld "Submitted_By"
  put item 2 of line 8 of theData into cd fld "email_address"
  put item 2 of line 9 of theData into cd fld "School"
end if

end mouseUp

Thanks!

John Patten