standalone [pc/win] dialog bug

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Sun Mar 12 11:05:17 EST 2006

Hi

Getting a few annoying problems with a current project with standalones
on windows (ok on mac) using 2.6.1 & 2.7

I have invisible main stack which i create as a standalone. This stack
loads a splash stack which in turn loads various other module stacks
(including the one in which all interaction happens).

The problem:
All the text in the dialog windows (ask or answer) are underlined, even
the input field.. do i need to define default text styles in the main
stack to be linked as an exe?

Another problem which happens after a varied period of use in the
standalone & rev ide is the cursor disappearing when within any stack or
ide windows and a small black square appearing either in the top left of
the screen or the top left of the current stack.. this then almost
immediately leads to more screen corruption and I have to restart the
ide or exe.

I thought it may be the way i had a invisible exe stack launching a
splash so i quickly threw together a brand new test launch & splash
stack using the same priciples, with a single ask button on the splash..
things worked ok

Tested on 4 pcs.. 2 win2000s & 2 xps.. all same problems. Again not
getting it on the macs.. Anyway first time i've encountered both.. I've
had a quick look thru my digest archives & bugzilla but haven't found
any answers..

..any suggestions?

regards
alex