Unicode Font List (Was Re: Revolution vs Visual Basic)

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Mar 8 19:09:37 EST 2006

I'm in obsessive mode with unicode. Here's the new and improved version:

on mouseUp
   put empty into fld "fontList"
   put the fontNames into fNames
   sort lines of fNames by word 1 of each
   put fnames
   repeat for each line tLine in fNames
     if char 1 of tLine is "#" then
       put uniencode(tLine,"Korean") & uniencode(cr,"ANSI") after fld
"fontList"
     else
       put uniencode(tLine,"Japanese") & uniencode(cr,"ANSI") after
fld "fontList"
     end if
   end repeat
   delete char -2 to -1 of fld "fontList"
   set the textFont of line 1 to -1 of fld "fontList" to the textFont
of fld "fontList","Japanese"
   set the scroll of fld "fontList" to 0
end mouseUp

There still may be some problems, but since I can't read Chinese or
Japanese, I have to trust that those font names came out properly.

On Mar 8, 2006, at 3:26 PM, Devin Asay wrote:

> on mouseUp
>   put empty into fld "fontList"
>   repeat with i = 1 to number of lines in the fontNames
>     put uniencode(line i of the fontNames,"Japanese") & uniencode
> (cr,"ANSI") after fld "fontList"
>   end repeat
>   set the textFont of line 1 to -1 of fld "fontList" to the
> textFont of fld "fontList","Japanese"
> end mouseUp
>
> This gets it *mostly* right, I think.

Devin Asay