How to change the label of a button to the contents of an editable field?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Mar 3 10:43:55 EST 2006

Dag William,

> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to make the label of a button the same as the contents
> of an editable field.
> So far I've come up with this:
> set the label of button "1" to word 1 of field "1" but this returns
> the word "Field" as label of button 1.
>
> I am stuck here but its probably very simple.
> Is there someone out there who could help me?

the syntax is correct actualy!

Question:
Do you mean the field/button with the number 1 (first field/button) or a
field/button NAMED "1"?

In the first case you should omit the quotes, in the second case
you really should use another name, since you may get very strange
results
when naming object with a number!

Just call the field "field1" (button "button1") and then try again.

Works fine here :-)

> greetings,
>
> William de Smet

Groetjes