Imagedata row order

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Jul 23 11:10:56 EDT 2006

Moi:

>simply storing the imageData somewhere and using it in a new image
>(or in resetting the existing image) causes a loss of image detail.

Simply resetting the imageData property is OK; but "put
savedImageData into image 'whatEver' or "set the text of image
'whatEver' to savedImageData" WILL cause a loss of image detail.

This can be helpful at times:

Suppose one wished to display high resolution JPEG images stored in a
folder AND one wants a thumbnail copy of the image on a photo index
card in your stack.  One can load an image, set the dimensions to
thumbnail size, and create a small, low resolution image on the index
card using the original image's current imageData property.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company