[OT] Of Mac Right Clicks (was Re: "There Was a Problem Saving the Standalone Application")

Todd Higgins higginsta at mac.com
Sun Jul 23 08:28:19 EDT 2006

On Jul 23, 2006, at 1:38 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> That's a nifty piece of software. Do you use it? I'm wondering how
> exactly one simulates a right-click? I wouldn't think taping on the
> track pad would work all that well. In fact, I've turned off 'tapping'
> on all my track pads for that reason

My Macbook Pro is my primary machine, so I use the trackpad
constantly (So much I was starting to develop wrist pains from
constantly clicking with my thumb)  I originally got the software for
scrolling on my Powerbook (before Apple implemented two finger
scrolling support in hardware)

  I use the trackpad tap set for "left click with drag" and the
trackpad button set for "right click"  People who want to borrow my
machine for a few minutes are throughly confused, but I'm a lot more
efficient and my wrist pain went away. I have 2 corners currently set
as buttons for Expose and Dashboard.  Chipp, if you wanted to you
could set one corner button to Delete (which is a combo  fn+delete on
a Apple laptop)

Regards,

Todd