[OT] Market Share

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Sat Jul 1 21:00:57 EDT 2006

I remember a quote from Bob Levitas a few years ago responding to a
discussion of market share.  He said that Jobs only ever saw the Mac as a
niche machine.  Man, what a niche.  The business mantra in this millennium
is find/create a niche and dominate it.  Jobs was 20 years ahead of his
time.  It took his Board years to figure that out.  Wall Street still hasn't
got it.

Jobs is not competing with Microsoft.  They are not in his niche.  His
successors and predecessors at Apple were and they almost lost the company.

Jobs is now growing the Mac's niche through iTunes, iPod and Intel.

Remember when Jobs took back the reins and Bill's face loomed out over the
crowd at MacWorld?  There was a lot of booing.  Jobs said, "For Apple to
succeed, Microsoft doesn't have to fail."

For my money, Jobs is a true visionary... Jim