[OT] Market Share

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 22:08:39 EDT 2006

On 7/2/06, Jim Carwardine <JimCarwardine at ownyourfuture-net.com> wrote:

> Jobs is not competing with Microsoft.  They are not in his niche.  His
> successors and predecessors at Apple were and they almost lost the
> company.
>
> For my money, Jobs is a true visionary... Jim

And probably my only true concern for the future of the company. MS is now
in a situation that any one of a million CEO of large companies across the
globe who have nothing to do with the software industry could take the reins
of MS. For Apple though, if Jobs died in a plane crash today, who would have
the vision. Jonathan Ives clearly has the brilliance of creating must have
gadgets, but does he have the personality/passion to inspire and lead?