Game Source Information for Rev

ACR acr at camalott.com
Tue Jan 3 12:09:44 EST 2006

I recently bought my Revolution software. I am in the process of making a small adventure game. It is a point and click game, usually called a Myst clone. I had to choose between Revolution and Director for my game software. As I understand it, the first Myst game was make with Hypercard (Revolution).

Since I am new to Revolution, I am lost in a sea of Commands. I probably don't need to learn all of them, probably only a few dozen Commands for my game. Commands such as go to the next images, start/stop background sound, start/stop music, start a sprite, start/stop an animation, and so on and so on. And I will need to make some puzzles which will require Functions probably.

All I have found in user stacks so far are applications. Are there an adventure game stacks I could take apart and learn from? Are there any books on the subject?

I am starting from the beginning, so any information source will help.

Thanks

Kori