Main menu puzzle, Klaus

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 19 00:41:16 EST 2006

Judy,

"Guys" and "Gals", (sorry). ;-)

Also, I hope you are feeling better.

I know if then's made sense to me when I first started and I probably
would never have thought up a switch statement. But I guess once I
saw how it worked I didn't find it to be as some have said "Machine-
speak" but rather as sensible. I mean as a list of choices that the
item could be and when the right choice is found then 'break' out of
the statement completely.

I was curious, and thanks for your response, why I didn't feel like
others did about it.

To be fair though I would write the case as compared to your if then
like this:

switch mailArrived
case "I got paid"
		pay the rent
		break (stop here)
case " I didn't get paid"
		get ready to move
		break
end switch

But I guess I am starting to see by the way you wrote them how it
would be 'more' english like with the if-then's for a simple statement.

Since I know how simple adding different cases to test for is with a
switch, I would use the if-then's for  simple two or three line tests
but I would use the switch-case for more than that and also if I was
building case scenarios along the way. They are quite easy to add to.

Thanks for sharing and sorry again about the lack of gals in my prev
email.

Tom