How to find which applications for this file?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Fri Aug 18 13:39:00 EDT 2006

I wanted to do the same on Mac OS X,  it seems the only api for such a
thing is the Carbon one: "Launch services"
I made a command line standalone that facilitates it with filepaths. I
can send it to you if you want it (no source code).

the usage is:
<path to app> -default <path to file>
gives back the standard application
<path to app> -all <path to file>
gives back all the apps that claim to open up the file.

to use it from rev you'd do this:
shell("test -all /Users/Test/Desktop/test.rev")