serial port, modem, audio files through modem

DynaMECH Design Ltd dynamech1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 19 13:47:11 EDT 2006

I hope to build a stack that can control a modem to dial a number, then send an audio file through it and hang up. Sounds simple to start, but I can see a few bumps in the road. How can an audio file be sent through the modem? How can the app "listen" to see when the other end has picked up the line? I'm somewhat new to Rev., I have written some simple apps, and thought this would be a useful app (for me, and for others if I can get it to work). Any help would be appreciated.

Bruce