Constraining the pointer within a rect

Jan Sælid janselid at broadpark.no
Fri Aug 18 15:00:49 EDT 2006

David,
It must be the screenmouseloc that slows the mac. As stated earlier. I guess
that is practical to know. I have always used tips from the free stacks of
Tactile Media. In their dragsample stack, they explain that it's always more
efficient to compare variables instead of repeatedly testing the object's
dimensions/position. That's why the dimensions and limits is set outside the
mousemove handler in my example.

I'll think of a way to replace the screenmouseloc.

David wrote
>Thanks, Jan.  It is very jerky and slow here.  Maybe this is an OS X thing?
I am using Panther, G4 >iMac/TiBook.