dreamhost and Rev CGI?

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Fri Apr 7 20:56:55 EDT 2006

I started using Dreamhost and rev cgi about a month or two ago. No problem.
1. create a folder named "cgi-bin"
2. get the linux rev engine from runrev
3. upload it and set the permission to 755

"fiat accompli"

Note 1: you will need the libURL stack if you want your cgi scripts to post. Also, the latest libURL won't work because of an incapatability with the Linux engine. It's easy enough to fix. Two lines need to be commented out. I can't remember which they were. You might want to search the revlist. Dave Cragg helped with this.

Note 2: I just looked at the rev site and the linux engine doesn't seem to be there or I'm looking in the wrong place. If you need it, I can email it to you. or better... I just zipped a copy (using mac OSX) and put on my dreamhost site:
http://www.discamus.com/revolution.zip

Hope that helps,
tm