dreamhost and Rev CGI?

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 17:55:09 EDT 2006

The missing file is called GLIBC2.3. I tried this first in June 2005 and the
answer I got from Dreamhost support was that they were astonished that Rev
required 2.3. They were then at 2.2 and said very few ISPs had gone to
2.3because it wasn't considered stable yet. THen they indicated they
would
upgrade to 3.1 some time that summer.

At one point, Andre Garzia indicated there was a way around this problem
because Rev CGI didn't really need that file, it was just looking for its
existence. But following instructions, I created an empty file called
GLLIBC2.3 and tried running RevCGI again and again had no luck. I then gave
up.

I'm going to go give this another try just to see what the current situation
is and I'll report back.