Multilingual dialogues

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 24 15:16:47 EDT 2005

On Oct 20, 2005, at 12:33 PM, David Bovill wrote:

> Thanks - sounds good. And perhaps if all the language stacks were
> substacks of stack "Translations" or.... then it would be easy to
> add another translation and a script could automatically figure out
> how many were available?

This depends on whether you want to have all language stacks loaded
into memory or not.  I like to just load the language that the
program will be using.  I have a folder called "languages" in my app
support folder.  When the app launches it checks the system language
and then tries to load the appropriate stack file.  If the language
doesn't exist it defaults to English.

This way I can always refer to stack "language" using Transcript and
I don't have to worry about what language it actually is.

If you need to get a list of what languages are available then just
get a listing of the languages folder.

>> David - I've tried answering the email you sent me but it keeps
>> getting bounced.  I've tried a couple of accounts but I think I am
>> not on your spam list.
>>

> My provider was hacked earlier in the week - still recovering -
> email seems to be working now though?

I still get returned emails saying:

Sorry, I couldn't find any host named openpartenrship.net. (#5.1.2)

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com