database

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Oct 24 20:30:10 EDT 2005

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> BTW, SqlLite do not search all records never. They just search first record
> which satisfy RANGE search, and stop. When you do NEXT record they do search
> next one.  They can do this only because they have claim: we are single used
> db. This is why it is not possible right _correct_ server around SqlLite. It
> can return few correct results, but also incorrect.

Sorry Ruslan, your assumptions here are incorrect. There is an easy way
to search all of the records, and you know this as well as I.

I understand your desire to sell Valentina. I suggest you try and use
this list to promote Valentina w/out casting disparaging comments about
other products.

It's silly to get into petty arguments over whose database is bigger,
better, faster, easier, more SQL compliant, or whatever. Commercial
users with serious needs will do detailed studies of their own. For the
vast majority of Rev developers, there isn't just one tool. In some
situations, AltSQLIte might be right. In others, Valentina might be the
right answer. I'm not going to waste my time and this lists bandwidth
engaging in a petty argument.

best,

Chipp