Don't Mess Around...

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed May 18 21:09:16 EDT 2005

All-

I learned a lesson today.

I was annoyed by the plethora of plugin toolbars that were crowding my
screen, so I closed runrev and moved one of the toolbars into an
unused folder so it wouldn't start up the next time I launched the
IDE. This, of course, caused the IDE to hang with the message "loading
menus and plugins" and I had to force quit it...

...and completely reinstall runrev. No amount of fiddling seemed to
fix my problem up.

So I've learned not to mess around in the plugins folder.

Now, my question is... where is the list of plugins stored? Which ide
stack did I mess up by moving things around? And since I couldn't open
any stacks in any event, is there another way to recover other than a
complete reinstall? If it helps any, this was the 4W devolution plugin
that I moved, but somehow I don't think this is the plugin's fault.

And I'm back to normal, thanks, or at any rate what passes for normal
around here, so there's no immediate problem to solve, but I'm curious
about what happened here and thinking that I might issue a warning
that others not follow in my footsteps.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net