Don't Mess Around...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 18 23:04:12 EDT 2005

Mark Wieder wrote:
> Now, my question is... where is the list of plugins stored? Which ide
> stack did I mess up by moving things around? And since I couldn't open
> any stacks in any event, is there another way to recover other than a
> complete reinstall? If it helps any, this was the 4W devolution plugin
> that I moved, but somehow I don't think this is the plugin's fault.

I just moved my 4wDevolution.rev plugin out and restarted Rev and had no
difficulty, so I agree it's probably not that.  All the tools in the
devolution toolkit are designed to be self-contained even though they
can act in an integrated fashion when they're all together, so while I
can't rule out the possibility of an error I can at least say I work
hard to avoid it in such circumstances.

I can't imagine what would require previous plugins to remain in place.
  It's counter to the philosophy of interchangeable plugins.

If you find the culprit please let me know.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation