Database suggestions?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat May 14 02:19:55 EDT 2005

Ken....

Pardon me for jumping in here.

WHile I think it has been generally true that PostgreSQL is actually
a bit faster than MySQL in apples-to-apples comparisons, the fact is
that so much of the speed of a relational database is a function of
how well designed the tables are, how many complex joins are involved
in the application built on them, and other stuff that isn't really
native to the DB engines, I'm not sure a fair comparison that is
universally true can be made.

FWIW, one of the best and fairly objective comparisons I've seen is at:

http://www-css.fnal.gov/dsg/external/freeware/pgsql-vs-mysql.html