run command line app in windows

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sat May 14 09:02:37 EDT 2005

At 13:35 14/05/2005, you wrote:

>Hi Bob,

Hi Xavier

>do you mean ?:
>
>put "pdatconv /I" && quote & "INV1.XDF" & quote into mycommandline
>get shell(mycommandline)

I think this is exactly what I need, cant test at the moment since I'm off
to my former profs to help him in the garden. :-)

I had a space between shell and ( does that make a difference?

>make sure the pdatconv.exe and INV1.XDF file are in the path or supply the
>full path in
>between the quotes. Quotes are just for the cases where spaces or
>ampersand creep up in the path...

OK I can supply the full path and populate the XDF file from a field

>Also make sure the directory global is pointing to an existing path...

I don't understand the directory global...what do I have to do here?

All the best
Bob; Sunny Scotland
It really is sunny here in Scotland today. :-)