variable checking?

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon Jun 20 01:07:48 EDT 2005

Hi Tim,

Variable checking is one of my favorite features.

It checks that:
- all variables are declared
  -- local whatever
  -- if you use "it" without a previous "Get" however
  -- it will flag an error (as if i couldn't get something
  -- another way (do "get the time") - and that won't be
  -- noticed. Just use a <get zero> handler before.
- All messages sent must be en-quoted if literals.
  -- local x
  -- send "mouseup" to btn x
  -- Mouseup must be enquoted.

It's extremelly useful after you've written a long script and
you need to debug any errors, it finds any mispelled variables,
and best of all, in most cases, it takes less time to be compliant
with variablechecking than it takes to find bugs.

Alas, one problem: if you hover the mouse over a script that is
not compliant (and you have a mouseenter script), there may be
triggers sent to the revErrorDisplay blocking execution... And
this can go unoticed if you're not used to it...

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com