variable checking?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jun 20 12:07:42 EDT 2005

MisterX-

Sunday, June 19, 2005, 10:07:48 PM, you wrote:

M>   -- noticed. Just use a <get zero> handler before.

Very clever.

M> and best of all, in most cases, it takes less time to be compliant
M> with variablechecking than it takes to find bugs.

Also, you're finding bugs earlier in the design process rather than
trying to catch them at runtime (or worse, having your clients catch
them). This means that you 1. don't have as much of a chance of them
propagating into other bugs and 2. don't have to create test cases
later to see if they work at runtime.

I'm also basically lazy and think that if the compiler can find bugs
for me it should do that rather than making me find them.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net