Newbie Question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 14 14:42:16 EDT 2005

On 7/14/05 6:55 AM, Hamburger1 at aol.com wrote:

> I'm in the process of switching from HyperCard. I put several handlers &
> functions in my home stack that are used in other stacks. Where do I put these
> scripts in Revolution?

I needed to do this too. Create a stack and put your handlers into the
stack script. Add this handler to the script of the first card:

on openstack
  start using this stack
  pass openstack -- this is optional
end openstack

It is important that you put this into the card script rather than the
stack script, so that it won't interfere with other stacks when they open.

Save the stack and drop it into the Rev plugins folder. Restart Rev.
Choose "Plugin settings" from the Development -> Plugins menu, select
your stack from the drop-down menu, and choose to open the plugin when
Revolution starts up. You can decide whether you want it to open
invisibly or not, it doesn't matter (I keep mine invisible.)

The next time you restart Revolution, the plugin will load automatically
and its stack script will be available just as the Home stack was in
HyperCard. Note that you should not name your stack "Home" as was
suggested elsewhere -- Revolution already has a Home stack and this
would cause a name conflict.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com