mainStack and subStack question???

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Jul 14 13:52:25 EDT 2005

On Jul 14, 2005, at 11:24 AM, Ban Nguyen wrote:
> <snip>

> -----------------------------
> It sounds like what you want is to smoothly transition from one stack
> to another with no breaks, flashes, or jumps. The best way I have
> found to do this is to use the go stack in window form, like this:
>
>      go stack <name of substack> in window <name of current stack>
>
> This will simply replace the contents of the window with the new
> stack without having to visually close the old stack window and
> create and open a new window.
>
> -------------------------
>
> I did what you said but the window stop and could move the mouse
> What Do you mean <name of current stack> ? is it the mainstack?

What I mean there is to insert the name of the stack you are
currently in, for example, the stack you are working in is called
"myStack" then use:

     go stack "myOtherStack in window "myStack"

You could also make it more generic by using:

     go stack "myOtherStack" in window the short name of this stack

HTH

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University